- Set oven to 350°F. Next, get this apple crumble started by cutting the apples into slices and place into glass dish.
- Brush melted butter over the apples. Sprinkle sugar over the apples. Use a little less if you want it to be more tart and more sugar if you’d like a little extra sweetness.
- Sprinkle your favorite flavor of Urban Hippie granola onto the apples, covering with about half an inch of granola, and add a couple dollops of butter to allow granola to brown nicely.
- Place the mixture in the center of the oven and bake for 45 minutes until the apples are soft.
- Now make the apple crumble glaze: Put reserved peels and cores in a large saucepan, along with the sugar. Pour in just enough water to cover everything; then simmer for 25 minutes. Strain the syrup through a cheesecloth into a bowl to remove the apple bits. Discard the cores and peels.
- Let cool for at least 15 minutes.
- Drizzle your glaze over the apple slices and serve with ice cream or alone.
Purchase your own bag of Urban Hippie granola here.
Enjoy our Apple Crumble recipe? If you feel so inclined, click on the button below.