Chocolate Peanut Butter Granola Bars
This is an easy afternoon snack or a great recipe to make with the family.
Peanut Butter Oat Bars
- 1 cup natural, creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 ¼ cups No Sugar But You So Sweet Urban Hippie granola
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- ¼ cup natural creamy peanut butter
- Line baking pan with parchment paper.
- Make the peanut butter oat bars: In a double boiler, melt peanut butter. Add maple syrup and whisk together.
- Add oats. Stir and fold until thoroughly combined. Pour this mixture into the prepared baking pan. Using a rubber spatula or damp hands, smooth in an even, tightly-packed layer.
- Make the chocolate layer: In a double boiler melt Chocolate chips and peanut butter until softened and melted. Stir until smooth.
- Pour this chocolate mixture over the bars. Using a clean rubber spatula, smooth into an even layer.
- Freeze for 30-40 minutes, or until firm. Remove from freezer and slice into 16 bars. Enjoy!
Thank you, Beaming Baker for the inspiration.