These cookies were probably the best chewy chocolate chip cookies I’ve ever made. They made my apartment smell absolutely incredible and were a perfect midnight snack for myself, my boyfriend and a couple friends that were over. They were a big hit with everyone! I had to keep everyone out of the kitchen while the dough was chilling, as they kept trying to steal bites of it! This is inspired by a recipe posted on Buzzfeed, but with a couple of my own substitutions.
½ cup sugar
¾ cup brown sugar, packed
1 teaspoon salt
½ cup butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350°F/180°C.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sugars, salt, and butter until there are no lumps of sugar and it’s all blended together.
- Whisk in the egg and vanilla.
- Sift in the flour and baking soda, then fold the flour into the sugar mixture. Be careful to avoid overmixing the dough as this will make the cookies cakey-er.
- Pour in both kinds of chocolate chips and mix them into the dough evenly.
- Cover the dough with clingfilm and let it chill in the fridge for at least half an hour. Allowing the dough to chill overnight will make more of the unique flavours come out of the dough.
- Using an ice cream scoop, scoop even amounts of dough onto a greased or parchment paper lined tray. Ideally, leave around 2 inches of space between the balls to allow the cookies to expand without sticking together. Bake for twelve to fifteen minutes, or until the edges are golden brown.
- Allow the cookies to cool a little bit before transferring to a cooling rack or plate. Eat them warm or allow them to cool completely, and enjoy!