I love my food to be hearty. When I buy hummus at the store it's overly pureed and lacking of texture. I came up with a hummus that is thick, has NO OIL (except drizzled on top if you desire) and is delicious. Try it for yourself and let me know what you think in the comments.
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 cups canned chickpeas, drained, liquid reserved
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/3 cup tahini (sesame paste)
- 6 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice (2 lemons)
- 2 tablespoons water
- pinch of paprika (optional)
- drizzle of good olive oil
- handful of Pignoli (pine nuts)
- Add the first 6 ingredients into the food processor and process until the hummus is coarsely pureed. Spoon into bowl and sprinkle with paprika, pignoli and a drizzle of good olive oil.