This Chile Lime Orzo Salad is great as a side dish, full meal or great to bring to a bbq or dinner party. The flavors are fantastic together.
- 1 cup uncooked orzo
- 1 cup of corn
- 15 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pink himalayan salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 peeled avocado, cut into 8 wedges
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
1. Cook orzo according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain and rinse; drain well. Place orzo, corn, tomatoes, green onions, beans in a large bowl and toss.
2. Combine buttermilk, 2 tablespoons cilantro, and next 8 ingredients (through garlic) in a small bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Drizzle over orzo mixture and toss. Dice avocado and toss in. Garnish with remaining cilantro and parsley.