These cookies stand out amongst the rest! These once in a life time cookies will have your taste buds doing a little dance. Our Coconut Pecan and Chocolate Oat Cookies are some of the softest and fluffiest treats around. Their soft texture and golden finish will melt on your tongue as you take a bite. This recipe takes you carefully through the process of measuring and baking your cookies to perfection. These aren’t your normal chocolate chip cookies and you’ll see that once you try out this recipe!
- Kitchen scale
- Mixing bowls
- Wire whisk
- Standing mixer fitted with the paddle attachment (or electric hand mixer)
- Rubber spatula
- Airtight container
- 2-oz ice cream scoop (or a large spoon or a wooden spoon)
- Parchment paper
- Baking sheet
- Wire cooling rack
- 9 oz (255 g) of chocolate, roughly chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 1¼ cups of toasted and chopped pecan halves
- 1 cup of sweetened shredded coconut
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- ⅔ cup of firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1¼ cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- ⅔ cup old fashioned rolled oats (not instant or quick cooking)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup plus 3 tbsp of unsalted butter at room temperature
Measure Out Your Cookies
- Put a mixing bowl on your scale, the press the tare button. Before the tare times out, weigh out your chocolate chunks.
- Now tare the scale again, and add in your pecans to the same bowl. Tare the scale once again, and add in the coconut. Then set the bowl aside.
- Place a clean mixing bowl on the scale, and click the tare button. Now weigh out the granulated sugar. Tare the scale again, and add your brown sugar to the same bowl. Now set the bowl aside.
- Now place another clean mixing bowl on your scale, tare the scale, and weigh out your flour. After that, tare the scale again, and add in the oats. Add the baking soda and salt to the same bowl, then whisk to combine all of the ingredients. Now set this bowl aside too.
- Finally, crack your eggs into a small mixing bowl. Add your vanilla extract to the eggs, then whisk everything to combine them. Then set the bowl aside.
Making Your Cookie Dough
- In a standing mixer with a paddle attachment or an electric hand mixer add the butter and both sugars. Cream the ingredients, starting on low speed and increasing to medium speed, until the butter becomes light and fluffy. Do this for about 3 to 4 minutes. Throughout the process, scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula. This will ensure that all of the ingredients are combined. Continue mixing everything on medium speed for 2 to 3 minutes more. Scrape down the sides of the bowl during this as well. Mix on medium speed for another 2 to 3 minutes to aerate the mixture. This will give the cookies a crispier, lighter texture once you’re done. Now pause your mixer.
- With the mixer on low speed, slowly pour in the eggs and vanilla extract. Mix until everything is fully combined and the mixture is light and creamy. Do this for about 2 to 3 minutes, pausing in-between, to scrape down the sides of the bowl. Now pause your mixer.
- Now add the chocolate, pecans, and coconut to the bowl with the flour Mixture. Stir everything gently to combine. Add the chocolate-flour mixture to the butter-sugar mixture. Now pulse everything in the standing mixer, while quickly turning the machine on and off on low speed. Do this for 1 to 2 minutes, until it’s everything is somewhat mixed together.
- Now remove the bowl from the standing mixer, and finish mixing by using a rubber spatula. Gently fold the dough by pushing your spatula into the middle of the bowl and scooping up from the bottom while turning the bowl. Mix just until there are no dry ingredients left. Be careful to not over do it, or the cookies will be tough.
- Next, transfer the dough to an airtight container just large enough to hold it, and chill it in the refrigerator for at least 3 to 4 hours or overnight.
Baking Your Cookies
- When baking your cookies, heat the oven to 350℉/175℃, then move two racks as close to the centre as possible.
- Using a 2-ounce ice cream scoop (or a large spoon), place balls of dough onto a parchment paper–lined baking sheet and separate them by about 2 to 3 inches.
- Use the palm of your hand to flatten each ball slightly. If your dough has warmed to room temperature, this step is not needed.
- Bake until the cookies are golden brown around the edges and slightly soft in the centre. This could take 18 to 20 minutes. Once the cookies are baked, let them cool on their baking sheet for 15 to 20 minutes. Then move the cookies to a wire cooling rack to cool completely and you’re done!
To serve, arrange the cookies on a plate or platter.
You can store them in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days.
If you’re baking multiple sheets at once, halfway through baking, place the bottom sheet on the upper rack and the top sheet on the lower rack, then rotate both sheets 180 degrees to ensure an even bake.
Want To See More
Check out the full video on YouTube
If you liked making this recipe, we encourage you to try out this delicious DoubleTree Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe and our Chocolate Peanut Butter Morning Shake recipe. Click here to check out all of the other recipes that we post on the blog!
Above all, we want to hear from you! Let us know if you chose the healthy way or needed a sweet snack to get you going for the day. Leave a review on our website or on our Facebook page! Follow us on social media as well!